Ooh, I was nominated for the Leibster blog award for the second year running by Char Williams from LovefromCornwall.com.
So here are the answers to the 11 questions asked by Char!
1) What motivates you to blog?
I enjoy writing and imparting my knowledge to others. When I was planning my big trip I absorbed the itinerary and packing list of every solo female travel blog I could read. I have experienced and learnt so many things on my travels and I want to help both newbie and experienced travellers.
2) Top three favourite blogs?
Adventurous Kate and Never ending footsteps are my favorite blogs. I love their writing style and they are what inspired me to travel to South East Asia and follow in their footsteps.
I also used to love Girl and the world, she inspired me to travel to Sri Lanka even though it’s not a typical backpacker destination. Unfortunately the website is no longer updated.
Beautiful Hikkaduwa in Sri Lanka
3) What was the best day of your life?
Wow, what a hard choice! Climbing Adams peak was special, we started climbing at 1am and watched the sun rise from the Buddhist temple at the top. It was a very special travel moment.
4) The best place you’ve ever travelled to?
Koh Tao was my paradise. Good food, beautiful beaches and it’s where I got over my fear and completed my PADI.
5) Who would you hate to be stuck in a lift with?
6) …And who would you love to be stuck with?
Baz Lurhman (The director of The Great Gatsby and Moulin Rouge), I would love to see inside his amazing mind.
7) Most embarrassing moment of your life? (I’ve had many!)
Forgetting that I had a knife in my hand luggage when going through security in Australia, oops!
8) Describe your ideal Saturday… no cash/travel limits!
Wow, I guess I would wake up in a luxurious hotel in the Maldives, enjoy breakfast on the beach then go for a scuba dive.
I would travel to Naples for lunch, enjoying real Italian pizza. Then head over to Rome and Venice for some sightseeing.
I would then skydive over the Grand Canyon in America and enjoy a steak with a cowboy in Texas. Mmmmm
I would then pop over to Iceland to see the Northern lights before enjoying a few drinks in an icebar then falling asleep in a big, fluffy bed.
That would be my perfect day if a time/teleportation machine was invented.
9) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It sounds really boring but I wanted to be a dentist or a geologist. I collected rocks and was fascinated about how they were formed and where they were found.
Saying that I was also obsessed with Tomb Raider, I wanted to visit the places she does in the games. Now I can say I have 🙂
10) Favorite song ever?
I absolutely love Porcelain by Moby. It reminds me of a time in life where I went against everything that I knew and planned a whole year away. The song is featured in the Film ‘The Beach’ and it was always my dream to go there. In August 2013 I realised my dream and travelled to Maya bay in Thailand.
11) The best advice you’ve ever been given?
‘Decide what you want to pack in your backpack then just pack half.’
I took a massive bag and greatly overpacked for my trip. I was in South East Asia for most of it where just a few vests, pair of shorts and a dress or two would have been perfectly adequate. Don’t be like me and carry a 20kg backpack around the world!
My nominations are:
Y Q Travelling
Helen in Wonderlust
My Eleven questions are…
1) What is your most essential possession in your backpack?
2 What is your least essential posession in your backpack?
3) Where was the first country abroad that you visited?
4) What spf do you use? (If any?)
5) What is your favorite travel song?
6) In your opinion what country has the best food?
7) What continent is your favorite?
8) What backpack/suitcase do you use for travel?
9) What is your favorite foreign beer?
10) Have you ever kissed a fellow traveller?
11) Describe your ideal Saturday… no cash/travel limits!
I look forward to hearing your answers!
You can keep up to date with my adventures by following my Facebook page. I update it daily and it’s an easy way to contact me.